These days, vehicles are expensive, but you should find some kind of shelter for your car to protect your investment. If you have the luxury of having a garage with room for more than one vehicle, you will not need to worry about this, but for the rest of us, carports can provide enough protection to ensure the longevity of your car.
A Report on Carports
“Carports” refer to a structure covering a vehicle, typically attached to or near a house or other building. A carport protects your parked car from the elements like rain or snow. There are a few different kinds of carports, and we will take a look at them in more detail in a moment.
Benefits of Carports
Cars need more than just a place to park. If you don’t have a garage, consider an attached carport. Here are some of the top benefits of carports so that you can decide if it’s right for you.
- Flexible Storage: Many homeowners have garages built into their homes, but that doesn’t mean they use them for their cars. Many people instead buy carports, which make fantastic gazebos. A carport is also a great way to set up an outdoor workshop or an additional storage solution.
- Property Value Increase: The main benefit of carports is providing weather protection to your vehicle. However, it also offers other benefits, such as increasing your home’s resale value. Buyers may be interested in protecting their vehicle, or they may be interested in turning the carport into a storage area or even an outdoor room.
- Protection from the Elements: Carports provide your vehicle with good protection against the elements, especially rain and snow, so you don’t have to worry about sudden weather changes damaging your car.
For instance, heavy rains cause rust, mechanical issues, and more. Paint isn’t the only part of your vehicle that is vulnerable to rain, but it’s one of the most obvious.
Just as with rainwater, snow can also damage vehicles. When snow collects on a car, rust can form, making the car unattractive. Fixing the rust can take time and cost money, causing further damage to your vehicle. Snow can also cause damage to a car’s windshield, requiring repair work that can be expensive.
Even if hailstorms are not a frequent occurrence in most places, on rare occasions, hailstones can damage your car’s windshield and leave the vehicle unsafe to drive. If the hailstones have badly dented your vehicle, this could require extensive repairs.
The last benefit of carports in this regard is that they protect your vehicle from the sun’s UV rays, which could damage the paint and cause dents and cracks in the roof.
Types of Carports
There are a variety of options available when looking for a suitable carport:
- Attached: An attached carport is a carport attached to your house. Unattractive to thieves, they are convenient and provide protection.
- Fabric: While not as strong or durable as metal carports, they can offer protection from the elements and flexibility in storage space.
- Metal: Metal carports are durable and long-lasting and provide the most protection. They’re best for areas with heavy rain or thick snow.
- Open-Sided: Open-sided carports don’t have any walls and are instead held up by beams or posts attached to the roof. This is convenient when it’s raining, preventing you from getting soaked.
Install Your Carport Now
Paying for a new garage to be built into your home may be prohibitively expensive, and due to zoning laws in your city, it might not even be possible to make that much space available without getting in trouble with the local authorities. Thankfully, a carport is an alternative option to consider. It provides a lot of protection for your vehicle at a fraction of the cost that it would take to install a full-fledged garage. Over time, you will save money on car repairs, and eventually, the carport will pay for itself.
For local installers, contact California All-Steel Carports today! We provide our customers with steel California carports of all shapes and sizes throughout the southeastern United States. Get a free quote right now!